… Because I won an award! The lovely Becca over at Complete and Utter Poppycock has passed this extremely esteemed award on to me.
The rules of the award are:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award
So, seven things about myself huh? Writing this makes me feel like Myspace is still the place to be, but here goes:
- I studied Marketing, Public Relations and Advertising at university.
- Animal babies are far cuter than human babies.
- An automatic scowl is triggered by ugly website and/or blog design.
- I have a guy’s taste in movies, except for those rare moments when I am confronted with something in which the characters actually have a sense of style.
- Tea is preferable to coffee, although the reverse is true if I had a late night. Chai lattes; brewed chai; earl gray; almond tea; peppermint, english toffee and ceylon tea…
- Guilty habit: Going on Yahoo Answers, reading those “do you think the beginning of my book is good?” questions, and quoting bits to my friends for the remainder of the day. My favourite so far was this simile: “My lustrous, dark hair was in a ponytail and blowing in the wind, so it stuck out like a bunch of swords.” Seriously.
- I feed lorikeets by hand every afternoon on my balcony. If you are unsure as to what a lorikeet is, you probably don’t live in Australia.
Now I will attempt to not look like a total newbie whilst finding 15 bloggers that are fantastic (and, most likely, have been around for ages, but so has Australia, and look how well Cook’s “discovery” turned out). In no particular order, the blogs are:
- Another Failed Film
- Le Noir Nouveau
- 100 Books. 100 Journeys
- My Life in To Do Lists
- Dazzle Me This, Mr Vampire
- Unicorn Soup
- Doin Fine
- Gigolo Blog (NSFW. Duh.)
- Aidy’s Poetry Blog
- Actress Confessions
- Fish in the Winter
- Charlie + ‘Audrey’ … for a year
- Book Snob
…And that is all from me. Excuse me while I go eat some more celebratory cake.