For the next 48 hours, my dears, the Got Books? Event will be running to celebrate all things books. Er, book bloggers. Today is also the Book Hop over at Crazy for Books. To join in all the festivities, yours truly is running a contest – my first ever! – to giveaway a book. And not just any book, oh no. This book is worth one hundred great books.
Is your interest piqued? Are you on the edge of your seat?
I won’t keep you in suspense any longer, my dears, it’s none other than One Hundred Great Books in Haiku by David Bader!
I mentioned One Hundred Great Books in Haiku briefly during an earlier review – I’d got this book about two weeks ago, and thought that it was so spectacular that I bought another copy just for you! (Also because the 100 books dealio matches my blog rather nicely, but mostly for you).
If you’re curious about this book, below is a little teaser – one of my favourites – for Vladimir Nabokov‘s Lolita:
Lecherous linguist –
he lays low and is laid low
after laying Lo.
I bet you’re just itching to enter, right? Right? So here’s how it all works:
- Fill in the entry form below
- Wait with bated breath
* Disclaimer: The Friande accepts no responsibility for entrants’ existing levels of good karma :)
In fact, have some Obligatory Fine Print for your reading pleasure:
- Entries are open to everyone, in any part of the world, regardless of subscription status to The Friande, the nature of their blog, or even if they have a blog.
- Each person gets one entry only.
- The prize is a Popular Penguins’ edition of One Hundred Books in Haiku by David Bader, published last month. The prize will be drawn using http://www.random.org.
- The winner will be announced on The Friande, so that the less fortunates could have somewhere to direct their jealousy. I will also contact the winner by email to arrange particulars.
- If, after seven days, the winner has not replied, the prize will be redrawn, and so on and so forth.
- The competition runs from today, Friday 23 July 2010, until 6pm Australian Eastern Standard Time Sunday 25 July 2010 (I know the Got Books? Event says Saturday, but I’m a day ahead of America).
- All competition entries will be treated with the strictest of confidence, and email addresses will only be used for the purposes of contacting the winner. Say no to spam, kids!
So if you are here from the Got Books? Event or the Blog Hop, welcome. If you are a regular, welcome back. Whoever you are, fill in the entry form below, feel free to leave some haikus in the comments, and good luck!
One more thing: As per Blog Hop rules, I need to tell you guys about the book I’m currently reading: Midnight’s Children by Salman Rushdie. Quite impressed by Rushdie’s writing ability – he keeps me eagerly turning the pages. Despite the fact I have about zero interest in India’s independence from the British Empire. Oh, and there’s some magic realism thrown in.
Click here for entry form
(Sorry kids, you’ve missed out)